A Successful Ski Day!
Today Henry, Nola Mae and I hit the cross-country ski trails at Iola Winter Sports Club for the first time this winter.
When we started out I was thinking it was going to be the worst day of skiing.
Then I reminded myself of a few facts:
- We are on the trails for the first time this winter,
- I am trying to ski with a 3.5 year old and a 6.5 year old,
- It is normal for a 3.5 year old child to flop on the ground screaming after only 10 minutes on skis,
- I ski with kids to teach them a life sport,
- We just had a snack and it is almost lunch time,
- It could be nap time for Nola Mae,
- It is 24 degrees and the wind feels cold, and
- Once I get Nola Mae in the sled I can actually get my workout in, so BE PATIENT!
Not far on skis for the first time before the body flopping began.
Things started looking better:
with a little bribe of a snack once she got into the sled,
a boy who wanted to do all the black trails,
a boy insisting on going down Nose Dive. My kind of boy!
A napping girl!
A bit of sunshine on the trails!
A real workout!
Henry and I skied on the blue and black trails for an hour.
We went in the chalet for lunch and ended the day with Nola Mae skiing almost one mile, giggling on the downhills and she was loving it. I had to beg her to go home.
Unfortunately, I didn’t have the camera with me for our second time out. There is always tomorrow!