Dye Projects – August 2014

Dye Projects – August 2014

 

 I did a dye demonstration at the Norske Needlers’ Meeting.

I had the dye and supplies for them to do a Low Water Immersion dye in large yogurt containers.

dye Norske Needlers LWI 1 dye Norske Needlers LWI 2

Their results:

dye Norske Needlers LWI Fabrics 1 dye Norske Needlers LWI Fabrics 2 dye Norske Needlers LWI Fabrics

At the quilt guild meeting I showed them how to start and ice dye with this shirt and two pieces of fabric.  The two colors of dye I used was Dylon Flamingo Pink and Navy.

dye ice pink & navy

I had some leftover dye from the demo.

dye liquid leftovers

So I did this:

dye leftover projects

This was accordion folded and LWI in that bin above with the primary colors of fire red, daffodil and royal blue.  I was horrified when the red was flowing across the whole thing.  And then pleasantly surprised by the beautiful results.

dye LWI rainbow

dye LWI royal blue, cerulean blue & better blue green

The baby shirts are suppose to have a heart in the center – flopped!

dye Tied daffodil & royal blue

This was the most surprising, the fabric on the left isn’t cotton, just the decorative thread is.  So the thread is the only thing that took the dye.  I was going to make matching skirts for me and Nola Mae.  Making hers into a watermelon skirt.  Some how the green that I used on the bottom wasn’t green.

dye leftover skirts

I got all these shirts from a thrift store.  They were having a $5 bag sale so I grabbed everything in the store that was white to dye!

dye leftover dyes shirts

I still have some dye left over and am waiting for more inspiration to put it to good use. 

I have been thinking of doing a galaxy ice dye and finally just did it on this sheet and piece of fabric and

dye ice galaxy fabric

these shorts.

dye ice galaxy shorts

Advertisements