UFO’s (Unfinished Objects) Part 1
UFO = Unfinished Objects that I have lying around. I need this list organized to prioritize my “UFO to finish”. It will help me to be prepared to grab a small project when I have a long car ride ahead of me or when I am looking for something to do (that doesn’t involve cleaning) while Nola Mae is napping.
Part 1 = I know I will start more projects and not finish them. Or I may find more UFOs as I do more organizing in my sewing room.
Finish hand quilting Nola Mae’s bear quilt by her birthday.
The rest of this list doesn’t need to happen in any special order:
Jack wants a different kind of strap for his workshop apron.
These are the sweater owls that need to get done before I cut or felt anymore sweaters.
I started this start baby for my youngest nephew, shortly after he was born (14 months ago).
I am not sure how old these unfinished dish towels are.
Here is a Shibori dye project in amazon green on muslin fabric that flopped! I am going to try one more time with an over dye same method but with a different color. I am waiting some color inspiration and the right day to get this done. My plan is to make these 12 in squares into a lap quilt.
Two dresses that I want to turn make into summer skirts for myself.
Colorful socks made into baby leggings.
Finish hand quilting this wall hanging to display Jack’s and his Dad’s buttons from the steam show.
I would love to have this scrap quilt finished this year. Every time I get it out Nola Mae wants to rearrange the squares. I started this in the winter of 2011-12.
These are leftover squares from a quilt I made a friend over 10 years ago. I cut and sewed extra to make another one.
I found this simple quilt top at Goodwill and would like to baste it and make this my first machine quilting project.
A dyed project from February that I would like to make into a quilt.
I machine embroidered these flower designs on “bag” fabric. The design on the left was a test run for my ring slings and the design that I decided to put on the tails of my ring slings, it takes about 15 minutes to do. The bottom one was another test run for the ring slings. It didn’t make the cut because it takes about 40 minutes. The orange poppy was going to be made into a bag, but the stitching pattern got misaligned somehow during the last color and last 5 minutes of the 5 hour project. I couldn’t throw it away! Recently, I filled in the lines manually, which took me about 15 minutes and now it is ready to be made into a bag.
These four are aprons cut and ready for sewing.
Robbie and I started this minecraft ice sword design last summer. I am not sure when we will get this done and what it will made into.
These are two older projects that Robbie and I started, maybe in the winter of 2011-12. Originally, Robbie wanted “Robbie’s Room” to be a sign on his door. I was trying to think of something more practical, like a pillow for his bed. I don’t think we ever decided – one reason it never got finished.
This isn’t really a UFO, but it is my mending pile.
I got this blog post idea from my friend Meredith. She wrote a blog post called UFO Spotting, click here to see her beautiful unfinished objects.