I spent the last week sewing and dyeing till I was sick of both.
I have been planning/designing/working on this “creeper” valance since mid-April. Finally it is complete and ready to mail along with the TNT pillowcase:
After this was done I left the sewing room for a few days.
Then a friend asked me to make a ring sling:
At the same time I got another request from a friend who wanted a dyed ring sling. While I waited for our plans to finalize I went a head and over dyed a flopped dyed project from this winter.
This was muslin 12 x 12 inch squares, dyed using a Shibori technique, with Dylon Dye Dark Green. I have no idea what I did wrong. The patterns hardly showed up and the fabric was a very light shade of green.
Once I finalized the shade of blue to shoot for I started my first dye bath method. The ring sling turned this pretty shade of blue (Dylon Blue Jeans):
I got a bonus out of this project, a dyed tank, sort of gradual change in shades of blues:
With both these projects with blue dye and many rinses later, left me swearing I would never dye anything blue again. I shouldn’t even say that because it was kind of fun and the blue is so pretty in real person!
I am taking a break from sewing and dyeing for now. I am doing some serious spring cleaning this week! Spring has finally arrived.
The next sewing projects on the table will be some fun skirts.